Missed a deadline for a Tax Return?
Have you got an outstanding Tax Return with the ATO or even multiple Tax Returns outstanding?
Refund Express Australia has now launched it’s online tax return system for quick and easy basic online tax returns for back years. This means you can now lodge any tax returns you may have missed from 2010, 2011, 2012,2013,2014 or 2015. If you have more than this to complete you may contact us directly and we can assist to get the information required together or request it from the ATO for you. You cannot use eTax to complete your back year income tax returns and you sure cannot do it online with the ATO.
You can prepare your 2015 or prior years online tax returns in less than 10 minutes, just like any other year, with Refund Express. Doing prior year’s tax returns is still easy using our mobile device friendly web app as you can do it in any internet browser on your Apple Mac, Windows computer, laptop, iPad, iPhone, Android phone or even Windows phone. You can start it now and finish it later or ask us for assistance if needed.
Refund Express is mobile optimised; this means that you can process your online tax return quickly and easily on any device. No clunky forms or confusing questions, it’s quick, it’s easy and it’s really simple to use our online tax return system.
Getting Started is easy. Register or log in now:
I lost my Payment Summary or Group Certificates?
A lot of people fail to lodge because they’re either missing, lost or their employer failed to give them a payment summary or group certificate for the year, making them late in lodging their Tax Return.
If you don’t have all your records and want to lodge your past year tax returns, it’s easy:
- Register or log in to Refund Express Australia and select one or all the years you need to lodge.
- Answer the questions and fill in all the information you do have.
- Leave us a message at the end prior to lodging noting what is missing or what you need help with.
- Send us a message using the messaging system and we can see if we can help.
- Lodge it and we’ll arrange the rest: We’ll message you with the next steps we can take or what information we can obtain for you using our system as registered tax agents.
Not sure if you need to lodge them or missed one?
- If you have registered with us and we’re your registered tax agent, we could look it up and check it out for you.
- Login or register and drop us a line and ask the question through our easy messaging system.
- Didn’t earn any income or less than the tax free threshold? Send us a message and we’ll let you know.
It’s too late to lodge, to lodge Online?
- You can lodge returns going back to 2010 using our Online Tax Return System.
- We can go back over 15 years if needed and we can see it necessary to get you the maximum refund!
What if I cannot afford to pay the Tax or Penalties?
- Don’t worry, we can work with you and help you in your dealing with the ATO. They can be reasonable and you can get payment plans, but it’s always better to be upfront and honest from the beginning.
- Depending on your circumstances, we might even be able to get the penalties remitted.
- You never know if you don’t ask. Many people do it wrong with eTax and similar software where we could maximise your deductions and get your a refund! As registered and experienced tax accountants, we can find deductions where others might not.
Information contained in this document is of a general nature only. It does not constitute financial or taxation advice. The information does not take into account your objectives, needs and circumstances or the Australia Tax Office’s views. We recommend that you obtain investment and taxation advice specific to your taxation, financial situation and particular needs before making any decision or acting on any of the information contained in this document. Subject to law, Refund Express Australia nor their directors or employees or authorised representatives:
gives any representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information; or
accepts any responsibility for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on the basis of the information contained in this document.